Friday, October 13, 2006

Season of the bird

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday. It's the one holiday of the year that is primarily about food. Dinner is what Thanksgiving is all about.

For the first time in years, I hosted dinner for everyone, and, much to my surprise, with relatively little stress. I got myself a 14-pound turkey from Fresh From The Farm, and followed the recipe from Bonnie Stern's HeartSmart Cooking for Family and Friends. I also used Bonnie's recipe for Butternut Squash with Pears and Dried Cranberries, which is amazing, although I have found it takes much longer to cook than she suggests. Throw some potatoes and yams in the oven, heat up some corn, and get my mom to bring her famous apple and pumpkin pies, and my family is happy.

Hooray for autumn!

Chris

No comments: